Sunday, February 13, 2011

Religion As I Feel It
















More and more I've felt drawn closer to my religion. I grew up attending Sunday school throughout my thirteen years of formal schooling. I learned bible stories, endless names of who begot whom, about the twelve disciples, and most importantly, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I took religion as seriously back then as "all my Sunday school friends got baptized, so I did, too. It made me feel special." 
In my young adult life, I went into the world to see what if offered, or what I could give. I admit, I made some tactless mistakes...some forever regrettable. However, forgivable by Him, if I forgive others.

I met my husband at church sixteen years ago. We got married fifteen years ago. Since the day I met my husband, my belief and faith in God and Jesus skyrocketed. I now pray daily, ask for what I need, and offer myself to fulfill His will. I am surprised daily at how He talks to me and opens my eyes.

I don't like to push my religion on folks, so I won't. 

If you truly know God, I shouldn't have to push.
(Photo by Nella Masil Easter 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment