Thursday, February 10, 2011

DROOPY EYES

Mark 13:35-37
“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’” (NIV)


Eyes droopy...I was always on the verge of sleep...never committed to staying
'wide-eyed and bushy tailed.'

Watch for Me, Jesus said, be ready at My appointed hour.

I was so busy trying to out-do the devil that crept behind me that my eyes were not fixed on Him...they drifted to the left, to the right, leaving me cross-eyed.

Cross-eyed is in peril!

No vain attempt to fix your focus shall work
unless God is your optometrist!

Droopy eyes...there's a prescription for that:

STUDY DILIGENTLY THE AUTHOR'S WORD
AND MAKE SERVICE YOUR HIGH PRIORITY.
COMMIT TO IMITATING HIS ONLY SON
AND BE BLESSED BY HIGH AUTHORITY.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Cross-eyed - I have definitely felt that way!

    ReplyDelete