Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm the Aunt Who'll Let You Go Away

I am the aunt who set up the kiddie pool,
I am the aunt who swam tho' the water was cool.

I am the aunt who encourages your creative blog,
I am the aunt who shines in sunlight, rain, and fog.

I am the aunt who takes you to neat-o fun places,
I am the aunt who makes strange noises and funny faces.

I am the aunt who loves you forever and ever,
I am the aunt who never says never, no never.


I am the aunt who gardens, crafts, and sews,
I am the aunt who lets you step on my toes.


I am the aunt who gives you a room in my home,
I am the aunt who never lets you feel alone.


I am the aunt teaching you about God's love,
I am the aunt teaching you about heaven above.


I am the aunt who is your Godmother,
I am the aunt who is your second-mother.


I am the aunt who lets you visit and stay,
I am the aunt who knows one day you'll go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment