Thursday, February 10, 2011

Groaning for Me

Romans 8:26 (NLT) "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words."

I grew up in the church.

I grew up singing hymns during church
but never felt the words penetrate my heart,
never felt the drape of God's protective shield
that fought for me vehemently in life's battlefield.

...until now...

In my healing
I've come to believe that the Holy Spirit,
if called upon,
will intercede for me!
Will converse with God the things
I am unable to fathom nor speak.


...and so we prayed...

I believe the Spirit did intercede.
Now in my healing I can feel freed!
From gross injustices cast upon me.

These days I feel like God's little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment