Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Life & Times of Lisa

Hi Friends,
 
Last Thursday, I fell 10-12 feet off a ladder while putting the final touches on my new teepee. Recovery is definitely one of my more challenging situations. My pain meds ran out...one left for tonight's high school CBNA Alumni Assoc. banquet.  I'm 'making' Ray come to the banquet tonight to help me haul home the lout we collect from my classes 'memorial food drive' in my classmate Doug's memory. I also agreed to join my sister Cheryl on the committee and become a member-at-large...meetings once a month and helping out w/ annual banquet. I was on this committee 10 years or so ago for about 4 years and played a very active role as Corresponding Secretary. I hope to not be so active this time around.However, several of the ladies on the committee are old friends, and it will be nice to see them more often.
 
Big an busy times ahead in the next week/month. I can't work at my part-time job at the daycare center 'All Aboard' through July 19. My sister Diane needs me at Tasker's Well because she is all booked up w/ plans and events: my nephew's wedding Friday, then she's flying out to Calif. for my niece who's to give birth very soon, then taking a cruise to Alaska!
 
Damn her busy schedule...guess I wouldn't be complaining too much it that was my life, but there is so much more she does in her busy life that really doesn't seem to be her own. Good news, I was asked to read 1 Corinthians 13 during Kyle & Kristina's wedding, which is a huge surprise! They are having a JP, but guess the Lord insists on having some place in that marriage! Good for Him!
 
Amid all I'm supposed to be doing, my right arm hurts w/ limited motion, about 5 ribs were dislocated and currently sore, my ankles are black & blue, plus both my shins, my left thumb hurts, my hips are starting to feel better, and I've had a headache for 3 days. The chiropractor treated many areas on Wed. and I see him again on Tues. Hoping by the end of this month to be all healed...if my arm persists to bother, will need to go see Ray's Orthopedic doctor/MRI. Possible torn rotor-cuff. I have some range of motion, but definitely shout w/ pain at certain motions. I will resume taking my regular back pain meds and hope they cut the mustard!
 
All in all, I feel wonderful! Glad God caught me as I landed on the fresh green grassy carpet!
Love to you all,
Lisa
Keep in touch please....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment